Manage and optimize application and infrastructure performance
An Introduction to IBM® SmartCloud™ Application Performance Management
IBM® SmartCloud™ Application Performance Management intelligently manages traditional IT, virtualized, cloud and hybrid environments. It gives you the ability to quickly determine the root cause of critical cross-platform applications while meeting demands to develop new applications and modify existing ones. You gain the visibility, control and automation you need to manage today’s more complex and interdependent applications throughout your enterprise.
IBM SmartCloud Application Performance Management provides:
- End-user experience management to help you understand how the application is performing from the user’s perspective.
- Transaction tracking so you can understand how the application is performing during an actual business transaction.
- Diagnostics for root cause analysis of bottlenecks and performance degradations.
- Analytics to provide insight and help you manage dynamic trends.
- Discovery of application components in system environments.
Attain Peak Application Performance
Modern business requires modern IT. Business services such as online loan processing, retail e-commerce, management of digital patient healthcare records and automated manufacturing lines need the right applications and infrastructures to make them possible. As businesses deploy new applications—whether to support internal processes or to provide revenue-generating services—their underlying IT infrastructures grow and become more complex. With the continuous introduction of new services and an ever-expanding network to support those services, the complexity of the IT infrastructure increases. IT now needs to manage legacy and modern applications on heterogeneous platforms, handle the complexity of composite applications and transactions, and support the move to increasingly dynamic infrastructures such as highly virtualized and cloud environments. Knowing what’s going on inside these complex environments can be a huge challenge and requires moving beyond basic resource monitoring to holistic application performance management.
IBM SmartCloud™ Application Performance Management is designed to intelligently manage traditional IT, virtualized, cloud and hybrid environments. IBM SmartCloud Application Performance Management delivers holistic visibility and management capabilities to address needs that range from critical applications management to underlying heterogeneous application infrastructure management. This single offering addresses today’s challenges in managing a broad array of application and IT infrastructures, including service-oriented architecture and cloud environments, e-commerce platforms, packaged applications such as SAP, and custom J2EE applications, to name a few. IBM provides end-to-end management across all major platforms spanned by today’s critical applications, including x86/Microsoft, AIX®/Linux and mainframe environments.
End-user experience management
- Tracks end-user experiences throughout heterogeneous environments.
- Provides non-invasive user monitoring to help ensure compliance with service level agreements.
- Is designed for easy deployment.
- Can extend to certain applications running on mobile devices.
- Identifies and isolates performance problems.
- Helps accelerate the repair process to minimize business impact.
- Supports agentless technology. Agentless tracking allows you to quickly deploy transaction tracking throughout the entire IT infrastructure for critical applications and services.
- Also supports agent technology. You can selectively deploy agents to provide more data.
- Provides impact analysis dashboards, which identify users affected by a failed transaction.
- Provides predictive analytics and capacity planning for proactive management.
- Uncovers hidden trends and patterns.
- Includes forecasting, trending and capacity analytics to help reduce outages, improve performance and optimize utilization.
Diagnostics and Discovery
- Facilitates diagnosis and repair of application performance issues.
- Helps determine the performance issue and root cause, and then accelerates the repair process to help minimize business impact.
- Provides visibility into the components of composite applications and helps speed problem resolution.
- Helps you identify composite applications components and automatically maps transaction topology.