To install the IBM Endpoint Manager mobile client on your Android, use the following steps:
1. Click on the ‘Play Store’ icon on your phone.
2. From within the ‘Play Store’ search for “IBM Endpoint” and “IBM Mobile Client” will be listed.
3. Once you have found this – click the ‘Install’ button and click ‘Accept’ for the security dialog.
4. After the application is installed, Click ‘Open’ and IBM Mobile Client will need device administrator. Click ‘Activate’ on the following screen.
5. This will automatically open the ‘IBM Mobile Client’ and display a disclaimer as below, click ‘Accept’ in this screen.
6. Enter the Enrolment URL that you have been sent and tap “Enroll”.
7. Enter the email address and password you have been given and click “Enroll”.
8. The next screen will show the status of the agent. Note the “Last Successful report” field will be updated once phone is logged in successfully.
9. Note: The Following is only required if you have a Samsung Android phone.
You will see a prompt to install an Extension for Samsung as below:
Click on ‘1. Install from Google Play’
This will then re-direct you to the Google Play Store, click ‘Install’ and ‘Accept’ as below:
Once this is complete, open the ‘IBM Mobile Client’ and click ‘2 .Enable Device Administrator’ and ‘Activate’ as below:
After activating, click ‘Back’ button on your Android phone and you will be redirected to the IBM Mobile Client as below:
Click on the ‘Overview’ button and you will be redirected to the status page as shown below:
You can also view a video that takes you through the installation and enrollment of the IBM Endpoint Manager – Mobile Client on an Android device. Click here to view.