Graduate Systems Management Consultant
Company Website: Orb Data Ltd
Location: Green Park, Reading
Download PDF: Graduate Systems Management Consultant
This job is suitable for an ambitious IT graduate to join our expanding Managed Services team. Orb Data are the premier IBM partner in the UK for Enterprise Systems Management and you will be joining a team with global reach and unparalleled technical skills, to the benefit of any successful candidate. Initially the role will be based out of our office in Reading, however career prospects include progressing to consultant and beyond and could include opportunities with many of our large blue chip customers. The job is to perform daily support tasks and processes as identified by the Managed Services manager including:
- Installation and upgrade of IBM and other vendor enterprise systems management products
- Configuration and customisation to meet customers specific requirements
- Suggest improvements to the customer’s environment
- Development of management information reports as required
- Knowledge transfer to customer’s personnel
- Future opportunities include consultancy or pre-sales roles.
- An Information Technology degree in preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills required
- Willing to take direction from multiple individuals
- Ability to prioritise multiple requests in order to meet deadlines
- Must maintain professionalism, accuracy and timeliness
- Must adapt to change and be flexible
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with expected continuous improvement.
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective presentation skills
Any suitable candidate will learn about the following technologies:
- IBM Systems Middleware including IBM Monitoring, IBM APM, ITCAM and Netcool.
- Cloud offerings including IBM Service Engage, ServiceNow and SoftLayer.
- IT Operations Analytics including predictive and logfile analysis tools.
- Security products including IBM QRadar, IBM BigFix and IBM MobileFirst Protect (MaaS360)
- Microsoft SCOM, Zabbix, Splunk, Nagios and New Relic amongst other similar toolsets.
- Other skills you will develop will be strong Linux/Unix, Windows, Databases, SNMP plus development tools including shell, Perl, regular expressions, Java and mobile app development.
Salary and Benefits
The following salary and benefits will be made available to the right candidate:
- Salary £22,000 – £25,000 plus pension scheme plus private healthcare
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Employee flexible benefits including childcare vouchers, additional holiday purchase
- Potential for overtime and on call based on customer requirements
- 25 days (rising to 29 days) plus public holidays
Please send your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com